Who does need the best lithium ion battery for RV solar powered motorhomes? Whether you’re a ‘minimalist RVer’or not, it’s nice to have optimum activity of all your usages. But, visiting remote locations means depending exclusively on the batteries & generator in your RV for power – which can be challenging at times.
Although lead-acid batteries are still common in RVs, lithium RV batteries last longer and provide more benefits. So if you want this type of long-lasting power in an RV battery, lithium is the way to go.
However, if you are an avid traveler who loves spending time outdoors camping deep into the woods often might not be able to rely on traditional car or truck lead-acid type use for your needs.
It would need something different–they should choose some kind of battery that is dependable when traveling away. There’s nothing better than the best lithium ion battery for RV solar which can last up to 2,000 cycles (if charged 100 times per year).
After careful consideration, we’ve decided on Top 10 of the best lithium RV batteries available today.
What is the Best Lithium Ion Battery for Rv Solar Powered Motorhomes?
Which is the best lithium battery for RV? It’s not an easy pick. But we’ve made it easier for you by compiling the 10 best lithium batteries for RV solar power solutions.
#1. Battle Born LiFePO4 RV Lithium Battery – Top Pick
This is the current price of this Battle Born LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery 100Ah 12v available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Battling it out for the best lithium-ion RV battery, Battle Born comes in light at 31 lbs., making it lighter than its competitors with equal power.
The lightweight power device is a great benefit because you can easily install and maneuver it around while not adding unnecessary weight to your vehicle. You also get the ability to mount this Li-ion battery in any position, which makes for an easier setup process overall.
The unit is so durable that with its ten-year lifespan, it can easily deal with wear and tear. It has inbuilt protection against voltage or temperature issues which will give you peace of mind if anything goes wrong.
What We Like
- Integrated BMS: BMS i.e. battery management system defends your unit from the most usual reasons of energy fiasco, for instance heat instability or ground errors. Likewise, controls the quantity of energy taken out of the unit and performs as a shut-off method to defend you from insecure operating circumstances.
- Eco-safe batteries: Lithium-ion RV options are made from renewable, sustainable energy so they’re safer for the environment.
- New and safe ion technology: Battle born lifepo4 deep cycle battery is not only safer than Lead Acid but they can be mounted in any way you want.
- Long-lasting performance: Deep cycle lithium ion banks last longer with ten years life span.
Keep In Mind
- A little bit expensive: Lithium-ion batteries are known for their high energy density, but if you’re looking to buy one be prepared to pay a hefty price.
Click here to buy this Battle Born LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery 100Ah 12v available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#2. Ampere Time Lifepo4 Deep Cycle Battery – Superior Quality
This is the current price of this Ampere Time 12V 300Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Ampere Time lithium unit is an excellent option for powering your appliances during the summer months. Whether you are having a party or camping, this 12V model can power any of your devices with ease.
A durable lifespan means it will keep on working until its final day. And because it works under extreme temperatures and vibrations; we know this product won’t let us down no matter what!
The Ampere Time lithium ion batteries have a higher energy density, making them more stable and powerful.
What We Like
- Automotive Grade: They are certified to be the safest battery by UL because they contain Automotive Grade LiFePO4 Cells that pass stringent testing for quality control.
- Long lifespan: If you’re looking for a long-lasting power device with as many as 4000+ charge cycles, consider Ampere Time LiFePO4. These last up to 10 years and provide 3 times the service life of Lead Acid batteries!
- Lightweight: When considering weight, Ampere Time LiFePO4 Battery weighs only 69 lbs. for a single unit, which is 1/3 the mass of lead acid options.
- Lack of acid: Solar home generators, RV campers & motor homes off-grid applications are the ideal use for this beast. Unlike traditional lead acid batteries, these components won’t corrode over time because there are no acids to damage them.
- Safe: When it comes to safeguards against overcharge, current flow, and short circuits, this option from Ampere Time can do the blast with its integrated BMS!
Keep In Mind
- Lack of indicator: Despite having a battery unit, this device does not come with an indicator to show how much charge it has left.
Click here to buy this ampere Time 12V 300Ah Lithium Iron Phosphate LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#3. LOSSIGY Deep Cycle Lithium Ion Battery – Most Versatile
This is the current price of this LOSSIGY Deep Cycle Lithium Ion Battery Built in 200A BMS available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Heavy-duty performance and high power are not easy to find when looking for batteries. The Lossigy LiFePO4 12V battery is an outstanding choice between the lithium-ion devices of an average price choice.
With a 200 ah capacity, this best lithium ion battery for RV solar can take advantage of its full capability if you go below 95 percent DOD. The life span is 2000–5000 cycles but by taking care properly it may give some extra cycles which are welcomed in case the user does not use them for any particular period.
What We Like
- Value for money: With up to 10 years of service life and 2000-5000 cycles, this energy holder gives you the highest value for your money.
- Greater power density: Better than the ones on the market because they have more energy density, perform well in various applications, and can withstand harsh conditions.
- Eco-friendly: LOSSIGY options are safe for the environment because they don’t contain any heavy metals or rare earth elements.
- Lightweight: The 12V 300Ah battery from the company only weighs 72 lbs., making it 1/3 weight of AGM/SLA options!
- Safe to use: All batteries from LOSSIGY are intended to be utilized in sequence or parallel. The built-in BMS system can protect the power device from high temperature, overcharging/discharge, and overheating.
Keep In Mind
- Make sure the voltage: Some consumers find it difficult to buy the perfect one because they don’t know what voltage is needed. You should ensure the voltage requirement before buying any power product.
Click here to buy this LOSSIGY Deep Cycle Lithium Ion Battery Built-in 200A BMS available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#4. ExpertPower Lithium LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Rechargeable Battery – Most Powerful
This is the current price of this ExpertPower 12V 100Ah Lithium LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Rechargeable Battery available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
ExpertPower’s 12V 100Ah Lithium LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery is a great choice for those who enjoy going off the grid. Lead acid batteries can only last so long with their limited top power, but the lithium bank offers superior performance and longevity at an excellent price point.
The low weight of the 22-pound unit makes it great for marine, RV, or off-grid applications. If you are looking for something that will last, these batteries have your back. They can be used in the home or workplace because of their durability and strong build quality.
What We Like
- Long-lasting: LiFePO4 batteries last anywhere between 2,500 and 7,000 cycles compared to Lead Acid’s 200-500 cycles. On top of that, you can expect a 10 year lifetime in LiFePO4 batteries while the typical lifespan is around 3 years for most lead-acid options.
- Efficient energy: Due to its flat discharge curve, LiFePO4 batteries can provide up to 95% of their charge for astronomical boosts in run-time.
- Ultra-lightweight: Batteries are a third of the weight (22 lbs.) in comparison to Lead Acid, which makes them a good choice for RVs and Off-Grid Applications.
- BMS protection: The integrated Battery Management System (BMS) on this unit defends it from charge too much, deep release, and many other glitches that could cause damage to the device. The BMS also ensures up to 1 year of maintenance-free storage before you even need a recharge!
Keep In Mind
- Avoid mechanical shock: When using this battery, you need to avoid mechanical shock because it causes damage risks.
Click here to buy this ExpertPower 12V 100Ah Lithium LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Rechargeable Battery available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#5. Renogy Deep Cycle AGM Battery – Best for High Performance
This is the current price of this Renogy Deep Cycle AGM Battery 12 Volt 100Ah for RV available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
This Renogy Li 12V 100Ah Smart Lithium Iron PVC is perfect for RVs, marine appliances, and off-grid uses because of its high-quality cells. These cells are capable of lasting over 4,000 cycles at 100A continuous discharge current. Plus, this power solution can be the answer to the question of, which is the best lithium-ion battery for RV?
Many people have used the battery management system, and they all agree that it is great. It protects against dangerous things like overheating or overcharging.
Renogy Lithium-Iron Phosphate batteries are some of the best solar-powered power bank storage units on the market. They’re leak-proof, spill-proof, and don’t need maintenance for years at a time!
What We Like
- Advance technology: Manufactured with thick, absorbent glass mat separators to prevent acid leakage and require less maintenance.
- High performance: A new energy device has been created that can enhance the low-resistance and high discharge current qualities of batteries.
- Longer life span: This energy device boasts to be manufactured with the uppermost eminence components. Also, swaggering about its exceptional ability to hold power as well as having an exceptionally small discharge each month when not in use.
- High capacity battery: Stabilized power unit capacity ensures an extended range of usage at cold temperatures.
- Easy to install: There’s nothing worse than buying a device like an RV battery with complicated features and then dealing with incredibly frustrating setup processes. But you can rest easy with this power device because the install process for this product is a breeze.
Keep in mind
- Install in the upright position: It is recommended to install the battery upright as it can get damaged if installed upside down.
Click here to buy this Renogy Deep Cycle AGM Battery 12 Volt 100Ah for RV available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#6. VMAX AGM Solar Battery Bank for Home – Best for Low Maintenances
This is the current price of this Qty 4 VMAX V6-225: 6.2kWh 24V AGM Solar Battery Bank for Home, RV available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
When you are looking for a robust, maintenance-free deep cycle battery, The Vmax best lithium ion power product for RV solar is going to do the tricks for you. Ideal for RV use for your outdoor camping for personal use.
Also, it offers a high level of performance with military-customized plates. Additionally, this best lithium ion battery for RV solar offers high-performance levels for use in your vehicle or other applications where you need reliable power to run important equipment.
What We Like
- Heavy Duty: VMAX is capable of high performance. Also, because these batteries are sealed, you won’t have to worry about frantic maintenance. It is also suitable for indoor use.
- Low maintenance: VMAX Solar series is designed to be extremely durable. They can withstand repeated cycles and do not require regular maintenance.
- Longevity: Want to know what makes VMAX batteries the best ones you can buy? Well, it’s their ability to be used multiple times without having to get replaced! Don’t worry about replacing them for many years.
- Sealed: The battery has leaks proof operation in any position. This is because there are no adverse effects to the capacity or service life of the device, which makes it very reliable for use as intended.
Keep in mind
- Power hold up: The device may not hold up power for a long time if it’s unused. When you use the device after such a lengthy period, be sure to charge it beforehand so that there is no lag in performance.
Click here to buy this Qty 4 VMAX V6-225: 6.2kWh 24V AGM Solar Battery Bank for Home, RV available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#7. LOSSIGY Deep Cycle Lithium ion Battery – Budget Pick
This is the current price of this LOSSIGY 12V 200Ah Deep Cycle Lithium ion Battery, LiFePO4 Battery, C20, 2560Wh Built-in 100A BMS 5000+ cycles available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
LOSSIGY deep cycle power unit comes in five different capacity types, including 300-ampere incapacity. It’s not that heavy either and you will feel pretty comfortable moving it around.
If you’re looking for a good battery to use as your backup unit, this lithium one is an excellent choice. It can provide over 2000 cycles and last up to two decades depending on how it’s used.
When it comes to worrying about any electronic device running out of charge, this can keep you hassle-free. The usage is also quite versatile so that you can cherish the service out of it.
What We Like
- Maintenance Free: With the combination of Lithium chemistry and BMS system, LOSSIGY’s Deep Cycle batteries are free from inefficiencies such as safety issues or frequent maintenance.
- Top-level output: This product can provide high currents of up to 280 amps in 5 seconds or 400 amps in 1-2 seconds. The device has a proprietary lithium-ion electrolyte and polymer diaphragm which enables low internal resistance.
- Longevity: LiFePO4 battery is not only advanced but also has an extremely long service life.
- Safe: LiFePO4 batteries are safer than lead-acid because they don’t burst into flames or explode even when exposed to high temperatures, short circuits, impacts, and drops.
Keep in mind
- High voltage options are a bit expensive: If you’re looking for a higher voltage battery like 24V200AH, it can be an expensive purchase.
Click here to buy this LOSSIGY 12V 200Ah Deep Cycle Lithium ion Battery, LiFePO4 Battery, C20, 2560Wh Built-in 100A BMS 5000+ cycles available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#8. GreenLiFE Battery GL100 12V Lithium-Ion Battery – Best for Off Season
This is the current price of this GreenLiFE Battery GL100 – 100AH 12V Lithium Ion Battery available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Durable lithium-ion battery ensures the highest quality of design and conductivity. The cells are bolted with each other to increase their strength, durability, and lifespan.
Built-in protection system protects both you AND your energy house by shutting off whenever it becomes under 10.5 volts or higher 15.8 volts–ensuring that you’ll be safe while using this product for a long time!
The power unit is ready and capable to withstand any issue that might arise. It offers cell corresponding, short circuit guard, and contrary polarization security ensuring safety in all situations.
What We Like
- Integrated BPS: The GreenLiFE has a built-in Battery Protection System (BPS) that automatically detects if the voltage is too high or low and stops charging.
- Versatile use: With its deep cycle applications, this battery is perfect for all your power-up needs – from a computer backup to emergency lighting. It can even be used in solar and security system backups! Use it anywhere that you need extra juice.
- Top-notch design: Our LiFePO4 batteries are made of GreenLiFE cells, which are bolted together to increase strength and conductivity.
- Capable of remaining fully charged for a longer period: This particular detail means a user can save money by not charging their device again in the off-season. They’ll always have it prepared for your upcoming trip!
Keep in mind
- No installation note: Even though the device didn’t have a label on it, this small issue did not make much of a difference when installing. But it could be easier!
Click here to buy this GreenLiFE Battery GL100 – 100AH 12V Lithium Ion Battery available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#9. JITA 12V 300Ah Lithium Battery – Best for Outdoor Use
This is the current price of this JITA 12V 100Ah Lithium LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery, Built-in 100A BMS, 2000-5000 Cycles available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
The LiFePO4 300Ah JITA Battery is the perfect device for your power-hungry electronics, and it has more than enough raw capacity to keep them running.
100Ah and 200Ah versions of this best lithium ion battery for RV solar are available in addition to the 50AH version if you need a lower capacity. This is great news because it saves money but still has excellent stats like a 10-year lifetime and a comprehensive built-in management system for safety purposes.
What We Like
- 10 times long lifespan: Deep Cycle Batteries with 2000-5000 cycles provide more than 10 times that of Lead Acid batteries, lasting for about ten years.
- Eco-friendly: The JITA device is a sustainable alternative to lead-acid batteries as it can be recycled without releasing harmful elements into the environment.
- Integrated BMS Safety: With the 12V 100Ah Lithium Battery’s built-in BMS, you can be sure your cell voltage is maintained and protected from overcharge.
- Best with low temperature cutoff: Lithium LiFePO4 has a built-in high-temperature cutoff system that prevents the charging temperature from going above 167 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightweight: A lightweight lithium-ion unit only weighs 24 lbs., which is just a third of the weight compared to lead acid batteries in the same capacity.
- Waterproof: with the IP65 waterproof protection, it can be installed both for outdoor and indoor use.
- Versatile application: The power supply for a range of electric appliances in an RV during long-distance travel is perfect.
Keep in mind
- Not for heavy rain: Company says it is IP65 waterproof but that doesn’t mean you leave the battery outside in heavy rain.
Click here to buy this JITA 12V 100Ah Lithium LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery, Built-in 100A BMS, 2000-5000 Cycles available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#10. Weize 12V 100AH Deep Cycle Battery – Best for Regular RV Use
This is the current price of this Weize 12V 100AH Deep Cycle AGM SLA VRLA Battery for Solar System RV available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Best overall RV lithium battery: Weize 12v 100ah lithium battery is a lightweight, versatile lithium RV energy bank that you won’t have to worry about leaking. It can be attached in any route and weighs just 26.4 pounds!
Designed to be durable, this module lasts between 2-7 thousand cycles depending on how deep you cycle it. This integrated built-in BMS protects the unit from overcharging and discharges which makes these batteries safe to use.
What We Like
- No regular maintenance: Weize power device is long-lasting and requires no regular maintenance. Lead acid batteries typically only last six months, but this one lasts up to a year!
- Long-lasting life cycle: If you’re looking for a power solution that will provide long-lasting service, this one has the ultimate capacity. It also comes with an impressive lifespan so it won’t have to be replaced too often!
- Ultra-lightweight: The device is lightweight, weighing only 57 lbs. It’s great for outdoor camping because it’s easier to carry around than most batteries with the same power capacity.
- Ready to use: This bank is ready to use out of the box. Installation only takes a few minutes, making it versatile and easy to mount in any vehicle or equipment that requires batteries for power.
- Leak-resistant: The power unit is suitable for enclosed and indoor environments because it won’t leak or require maintenance, which will provide higher enactment related to other batteries.
Keep in mind
- Power holding capacity: If you do not use your power bank for a long time, the capacity to hold its charge will diminish. To get it working again after being unused for so long, recharging is necessary.
Click here to buy this Weize 12V 100AH Deep Cycle AGM SLA VRLA Battery for Solar System RV Camping available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Things to consider before buying the best lithium ion battery for RV solar
It is crucial to know the basics of Lithium-Ion RV batteries before investing in one. Do not get them confused with no rechargeable lithium batteries, as they are meant for different purposes. You need to know what to look for when buying lithium batteries for RVs!
We will now move on with comparing them all side by side so that they can easily be compared against one another. As a longtime RV holder and devotee, let us assist you in buying the perfect lithium battery for your following replacement.
When buying an RV battery there are many factors to consider before buying a lithium-ion battery such as warranty length and safety precautions that should be followed when charging or jumping it off. Let’s hop right into the other important factors to consider i.e. buying guide of Rv Lithium battery in 2021.
When buying an RV battery, its weight is of utmost importance. It must be light enough to carry with you on your trips without compromising engine power or storage space in the vehicle.
If you want to make the most out of your space, consider the dimensions and weight of different battery designs. Different types will occupy specific spaces in an RV; they must be stored accordingly for effective use.
An owner must consider the dimensions of an RV battery when deciding where to store it. The weight and size are crucial factors that will affect storage, as well as how often they bump into things while traveling on their RVs.
Additionally, compactness is important for both easy transportation and better space management in your camper or motorhome. And, if weight is your concern then RUIXU LiFePO4 Lithium Iron Phosphate can be a great relief.
Durability or life span
Choosing the best lithium ion battery for RV solar for your next road trip is easier when you know what to look out for. Make sure that it has a great reputation among other users who have had similar experiences with batteries. This way, you would be assured of its reliability and performance in power retention during travel.
The durability of batteries is measured by how many bumps and vibrations they can stand up to while you travel. You may face challenges when driving through old, overlooked country boulevards or pavement between big mounts in the foggy highlands; your energy device must have the capacity to grip all these aspects that might touch its internal purposes.
Batteries may not last indefinitely. Indeed, a battery’s lifespan is restrained in the number of energy cycles it can create earlier to failing or no longer remain fully functional. To imagine this process better consider one full cycle as storing, dispersing, and recharging your batteries again after their power has been used up completely.
So every time you use all of your battery’s stored energy to function properly means that you have just completed 1 total unit (or part) of our imaginary “cycle”.
However, if the quick charging option makes you interested, then you can take a look at shunbin 12v lithium-ion battery for its rapid charging.
A closed-loop lead-acid battery is designed to be fully discharged and then recharged. But a lithium RV device can be cycled up to 45 or 50 percent without causing damage. When you’re cautious about never clearing your Lithium RV energy device below fifty percent of its power storing ability, it will keep functional for lengthier than normal batteries.
When speaking about the ease of using a lithium-ion RV battery, most say it’s mainly on how easily it can get recharged. And how it provides enough power for appliances required by users.
You might have issues connecting them if you don’t connect the lead wires properly but after installation, everything else works smoothly without any other issue.
That’s why you need to choose the best lithium ion battery for RV solar that is quite user-friendly and easy to use. Lastly, it is convenient that you can understand your battery’s charge levels. You should not have a hard time figuring out the level of its charges.
So if you want to power AC appliances, your battery must produce AC. You can get an inverter for this purpose or just plug the appliance into a standard outlet (it doesn’t need to be directly related to the RV).
When looking at all of these options, keep in mind what kind of DC and/or AC output they provide so that there won’t be any surprises later on.
When you’re using your RV, make sure to know the wattage output of your battery because it’s necessary for converting DC power into AC. You must also check what appliances require how much voltage and compare that to the maximum voltage to determine if they’ll work with lead-acid batteries.
Determining the charging speed of your lithium RV product is great, but it’s not enough. How much energy does this type of battery store? It dictates functions such as how long you can use appliances and gadgets without having to recharge them again.
Find out what size capacity fits within your needs so you don’t have any unfortunate surprises on a camping trip or during an emergency!
Lithium RV batteries offer a couple of perks over lead-acid options. They last longer and they’re more efficient, which means you can expect to spend between five hundred to thousand bucks on your initial purchase. But will save money in the long run because these battery packs don’t need replacement as often.
However, if you are looking for some really cheap item, then you can take a peak at Orient Power 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 battery and VoltXcell Volt LifePo4 100ah Lithium-ion for their affordable price.
Read More: Best Solar Panels For RV Battery Charging
The lithium battery is a new type of rechargeable 12-volt power supply that has some benefits over the traditional flooded lead acid batteries, such as:
– 15% higher charging efficiency
– 50% lighter than AGM
Solar panels are upright for the atmosphere and save you money on your energy bill. Pairing solar with a lithium battery is even better because it will last longer than lead-acid batteries, so over time they pay off their initial investment.
As one of the most popular types of rechargeable batteries, lithium-ion can last up to six times longer than other alternatives like AGM. This is largely because it has a greater depth discharge capacity and helps these batteries go through cycles more efficiently.
Sealed lithium ion batteries are the safest type of battery for your solar panels. They have a few advantages over other options, such as being non-hazardous and spill-proof which make them safer to use.
Are you wondering if it’s okay to use lithium batteries in your RV? The answer is YES! Some of these types of batteries are made for long-term storage, so they can last up to 5,000 cycles. That means that a battery could potentially take 10 times as many charges as lead-acid would before dying out completely.
Instead of charging batteries in parallel, it is highly recommended to charge lithium ion batteries with a multi-bank charger. This means each unit charges independently and simultaneously at the same time so you don’t have one drained or dead cell while another has yet to begin charging.
How does Lithium ion battery work?
Finding the best lithium ion battery for RV solar should not be a hard task after reading this post. Be confident in your choice of options when buying one for your RV.
Make sure to follow the buyer’s guide mentioned above if you want a good product that will last longer and provide all the benefits promised in its description.